Friday, February 8, 2008

Schilling, Sox argue over surgery


Curt Schilling and the Boston Red Sox don't seem to agree on the course of action for pitcher's ailing right shoulder.


In an article from Rob Bradford of the Boston Herald, the Red Sox even went as far as to threaten to void Schilling's contract if he didn't agree to a program of rest and rehabilitation.


A statement released by the team last night said, “Curt Schilling was examined by Red Sox doctors in January after he reported feeling right shoulder discomfort. Curt has started a program of rest, rehabilitation and shoulder strengthening in an attempt to return to pitching.”


Schilling, as he always seems to do, fired back on his website 38pitches.com saying "I knew in my heart of hearts that the extra time I was giving my arm to rest this winter would in fact be the cure for what I went through the entire 2007 season. I had a strong desire to not have to go through multiple cortisone injections in my shoulder for another year."


Schilling went on to say "There have been disagreements these past few weeks in an effort to provide me with a solution that would allow me to pitch as much as possible during the 2008 season. At no time did I ever consider taking a course of action against the clubs wishes. In the end, regardless of who agreed with whom, I have chosen the clubs course of action and will vigorously pursue any and every option I can to be able to help this team to another World Series title in 2008."

No comments: