Wednesday, February 6, 2008

MLB Notes: Los Angeles Dodgers

Matt Kemp: Kemp is apparently very happy that the Dodgers did not trade him the past offseason. He said the rumored rift in the clubhouse that could lead to his departure was a result of "frustration" and "miscommunication."

When asked about the his thoughts about the possibility of him being traded this past offseason, he said "It's a little bit flattering, but I don't want to be on any team other than this one. This is the team that drafted me. This is the team that had faith in me to get here and this is where I want to be for the rest of my career."


Takashi Saito: The Dodgers' closer is close to signing a 1-year deal with the team and should be under contract by the time pitchers and catchers report next week.


Russell Martin: GM Ned Colletti claimed that the agent for catcher Russell Martin (Bob Garber) declined to discuss a multi-year extension with the Dodgers. When asked, Martin responded "It's not up to me and Bob, it's up to the team. If the team wants to offer something legitimate, it'd be idiotic not to look at it."


source: LA Times

No comments: