Sunday, March 23, 2008

Rolen may not be ready for Opening Day

New Blue Jays' 3rd baseman Scott Rolen may not be on the field when the Blue Jays open the 2008 season.

During a fielding drill on the back fields on Sunday, Scott Rolen suffered a broken finger when the ball hit him on the fingernail, ripping it completely off and breaking the top knuckle on his right middle finger.

GM J.P. Ricciardi, “It’s a non-displaced fracture, which is the good news. I’m not a doctor, but the early prognosis is it isn’t going to be six weeks, so I don’t even want to throw a schedule out there. Our best-case scenario is that it’s quick and our worst-case is it isn’t as long as most things we have had to deal with. My instinct is I am preparing for the worst-case scenario but I can say this, he won’t be lost for the year.”

No comments: