Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dodgers' Schmidt will try pitching through pain

According to Kevin Baxter of the LA Times, Jason Schmidt doesn't seem to have recovered fully from shoulder surgery last season.

Instead of taking time off and trying to let it heal, Schmidt says he's going to try and pitch through it.

"Instead of babying it, we're going to push it," he said. "It's a weird thing. I'm the same as I was a few days ago. I can't quite get to the next level."

Whether or not that's a good idea, I'm not sure, but the Dodgers seem unconcerned about his comeback. Though, I have a hard time believing that the Dodgers are just a little concerned that Schmidt will go into the 2008 less than 100%. I guess we'll find out when the season opens, just how effective he'll be.

Also, 3rd base prospect Andy LaRoche underwent surgery on Monday to repair torn ligaments in his right thumb and is expected to miss 8-10 weeks.

No comments: