Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Texas lock up Kinsler long term


T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports, the Texas Rangers have reached a contract extension agreement with 2nd baseman Ian Kinsler on Tuesday. The deal is reportedly is 5-years $22M with a $10M club option for 2013.


"This is a big day for me and my family," Kinsler said during his press conference on Tuesday. "I've been working my whole life to get to this point, since my dad first started taking me out in the backyard and started throwing the baseball with me.


"It's big for us," general manager Jon Daniels said. "It has been pretty clear since Day 1 that Ian is the type of person we want to be about and invest in. Ian has performed at a high level and I would expect him to continue to improve."


This is a great extension for the Rangers, especially to sign a player that is going to be the long term face of this franchise, not to mention he's one of the better young players in baseball and one to keep your eye on in fantasy leagues.

No comments: