Sunday, January 6, 2008

Instant Replay for baseball to be discussed

Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News had an article out back in November, and I'm just getting a chance to read it now.

The article is about Major League Baseball adopting Instant Replay. I've gone back and forth with this idea for awhile now. On one hand, if it's used ONLY on disputed home run calls, then I don't think it's such a bad thing, but how many of those do we see per game, not even an average of 1?

The bad side of adopting this idea is, where does it stop? Soon, managers want instant replays on close plays at home, 1st, stolen bases, did he tag up..where does it end at that point? Once you institute it, there are going to be new conversations at the end of each season on what else you can use it for. Now, I love the game of baseball, I attend 8-12 San Diego Padre games a year, but imagine how much longer games could be with Instant Replay added?

Yeah, my point exactly.

No comments: